The supplement features nine ingredients researched to reduce pain
24hr Supplement has introduced a joint health supplement featuring nine ingredients researched to reduce pain while adding cushion and flexibility to knees, ankles, hips, shoulders, wrists and elbows.
“We’ve combined nature’s best ingredients for joint health and combined them into one extremely effective supplement,” said Rajiv Lall, Founder of Probiotic Smart, LLC who created the 24hr Supplement brand. “Our Joint Support formula covers the whole gamut of joint pain caused by either lack of nutrients, pro-inflammatory effects, immune-related joint destruction or due to deposit of uric acid crystals.”
The compounds contained in the triple metal-complex TurmiZn-OS (Curcumin, Tetrahydrocurcumin and Zinc) have reportedly been shown to support the infrastructure of the joint and tissues from degradation by inhibiting pro-inflammatory markers and reducing oxidative stress. In turn, this reduces pain while improving joint function, the company says, particularly related to symptoms from chronic knee pain and joint arthritis1, 2. Zinc is also known to be involved in bone tissue formation3. The elements in TurmiZn-OS support joint-related issues related to immune-mediated rheumatoid A, the company says, levelling uric acid back to normal. Uric acid crystals are the primary cause of pain in smaller joints.
Among other ingredients in Joint Support, undenatured type II collagen has a role in forming cartilage and extending the period of pain-free strenuous exertion and alleviate joint pain associated from activity 4. Joint Support also contains a proprietary hyaluronic acid which researchers have said is a “remarkable natural lubricant” for patients with knee osteoarthritis5.
Additionally, Joint Support contains MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) which is a source of sulfur found in the body that is important in the formation of collagen in joints; Glucosamine which is a natural constituent of cartilage that helps prevent inflammation and supports mobility and flexibility of joints and Chondroitin, a building block of cartilage that supports joint strength by helping to resist compression in joints and attracts fluid to joints to support cushioning and lubrication.
1. Thanawala S, Shah R, Somepalli V, Alluri KV, Desomayanandam P, Bhuvanendran A. A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial Assessing Efficacy and Safety of a Novel Low-Dose Turmeric Extract Formulation in Healthy Adults with Chronic Knee Pain. Clin Pharmacol. 2021 May 21;13:91-100. doi: 10.2147/CPAA.S307464. PMID: 34045905; PMCID: PMC8149286.
2. Daily JW, Yang M, Park S. Efficacy of Turmeric Extracts and Curcumin for Alleviating the Symptoms of Joint Arthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. J Med Food. 2016 Aug;19(8):717-29. doi: 10.1089/jmf.2016.3705. PMID: 27533649; PMCID: PMC5003001.
3. Suzuki T, Katsumata S, Matsuzaki H, Suzuki K. A short-term zinc-deficient diet decreases bone formation through down-regulated BMP2 in rat bone. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016 Jul;80(7):1433-5. doi: 10.1080/09168451.2016.1153955. Epub 2016 Mar 2. PMID: 26931551.
4. Lugo JP, Saiyed ZM, Lau FC, et al. Undenatured type II collagen (UC-II®) for joint support: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in healthy volunteers. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013;10(1):48. Published 2013 Oct 24. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-10-48
5. Bayer IS. Hyaluronic Acid and Controlled Release: A Review. Molecules. 2020 Jun 6;25(11):2649. doi: 10.3390/molecules25112649. PMID: 32517278; PMCID: PMC7321085.