Bridge2Food announces 2017 protein awards finalists
The finalists have been announced for the Bridge2Food protein awards 2017, which celebrate those creating new plant-based and high protein foods and ingredients, driving growth and innovation in the protein industry
The finalists for each category are as follows
Best Plant-based Food awarded to a company or individual that has created a new plant-based food.
- Beyond Meat for The Beyond Burger
- Hampton Creek for ‘Just Scramble Patty’
- Quinta Local Superfoods for Quinta Quinoa.
Best New High Protein Food awarded to a truly innovative new high protein food.
- Fortified Foods for High Protein & Vitamin Ready Meals
- Jimini’s for Jimini’s Energy and protein snack bars
- Synthite Industries for Lentil Bread.
Most Novel Protein Ingredient celebrates new protein ingredients that are truly innovative and offered measurable benefits for manufacturers and consumers.
- Bioriginal Europe for Pumpkin Powder Protein
- DSM for CanolaPRO — Canola/Rapeseed Protein
- GreenFood50 for Protein Rich Quinoa Flour.
The winners will be announced at Bridge2Food 10th Protein Summit 2017 (27–28 September, Reims, France) — the world’s largest protein platform will bring together more than 300 experts from the whole value chain to debate and shape a future protein agenda for Europe towards 2030.
Gerard Klein Essink of Bridge2Food said: “The judges were impressed with the high quality of entries and the finalists should be very proud of their achievement that reflects growing innovation within the protein sector.”
The Expert Judging Panel
- Mike Velings, Co-Founder of Aqua-Spark
- Prof. Dr Ing. Bernhard van Lengerich, Seeding the Future Foundation
- Greg Bonnefin, Group Director of Newly Weds Foods (Thailand)
- Dr Stacy Pyett, Business Development Manager at NIZO (Netherlands)
- Dr Rickey Yada, Professor of Land & Food Systems University of British Columbia (Canada)
- Hugo Streetska at DSM, (The Netherlands)
- Dr Anne Wagner, Corporate R&D Director at Tereos (France)
- Dr Kees de Gooijer of TKI Agri & Food (Netherlands)
- Claire Nuttall, Founder of The Brand Incubator (UK)
- Roger Gilbert, Managing Director of Perendale Publishing (UK)