The Global Organisation for EPA and DHA Omega-3s (GOED) is marking this year’s annual Global Omega-3 Day — March 3 (03/03)— with a variety of communications pieces for consumers and influencers, special discounts for industry and global activations.
Every 3 March, GOED rallies its members, communications partners and the public to shine a spotlight on EPA and DHA omega-3s, under-consumed nutrients that help support a healthy heart, brain, eyes and pregnancy.
Approximately 80% of people worldwide are not getting enough EPA and DHA omega-3s, and GOED would like to see that statistic improve.
To support its members and the industry overall, GOED has created the following tools and activities to educate consumer and healthcare practitioner audiences about EPA and DHA omega-3s:
- A consumer communications toolkit, with free downloadable graphics, images and content, available at GlobalOmega3Day.com.
- Planned retail activities at several grocery chains in the United States.
- Media campaigns reaching consumers throughout Poland and Turkey.
“We’ve been working on growing Global Omega-3 Day with new activities each year, and for 2023 we feel we’ve truly gone global,” said Ellen Schutt, managing director of GOED. “It’s so important to reach consumers about the need to increase EPA and DHA omega-3 levels, and we’re hoping that the broader omega-3 industry will help us spread this important message.”
GOED is also featuring special discounts for members and industry that debut on 3 March:
- Discounts on access to its Clinical Study Database.
- Special pricing on GOED’s Ingredient Market Report and Finished Products Report.