Speakers have been announced for two new premium content events taking place at this year’s Vitafoods Europe 2023 – the leading global event for the nutraceutical, functional food and beverage, and dietary supplements community.
Attendees at the Future of Nutrition Summit (8 May, Marriott Hotel, Geneva) will hear from global nutrition leaders, such as Unilever, Danone and Bayer Consumer Health, as well as innovative startups. Meanwhile delegates at the Vitafoods Europe Conference (9-10 May, Palexpo Convention Centre) will hear from a range of expert researchers, consumer insight brands and notable nutrition leaders, including Nestlé and Mintel.
Forward-thinking inspiration at the Future of Nutrition Summit
Designed to help nutrition leaders capitalise on the opportunities presented by emerging technologies and trends, the Future of Nutrition Summit will take place at Vitafoods Europe 2023 for the first time, following successful iterations at Food ingredients Europe. Bringing together a diverse range of C-suite industry leaders from food science, innovation, sustainability, retail, nutrition and public health as well as startups, this exclusive, paid-for one-day summit will explore future-facing insights to keep businesses ahead of the curve.
Key speaker highlights include:
- Agathe Danjou, Evolution and Disruption Strategy Director at Danone, on translating trends into actionable, long term business strategies
- Evan Berk, Global Director of Nutritional Sciences and Innovation at Unilever, on the evolving science of personalised supplementation
- Michelle Egger, Chief Executive Officer of pioneering biotech startup BIOMILQ, on developing novel technology to make human milk outside the body to feed future generations
- Guru Ramanathan, Adjunct Professor at Pennington Biomedical Research Center and Managing Director of Dutch Medical Food B.V., on the role of wearable devices in improving health outcomes
- Dr Aniket Sabnis, External Innovation & Partnering at Bayer Consumer Health, on using open innovation to shape the future of consumer health
- Plus, talks from TNO, Mintel, and Eagle Genomics, as well as opportunities to network with C-level peers.
Fuel innovation at the Vitafoods Europe Conference
For businesses that want to keep their pulse on industry trends, the Vitafoods Europe Conference returns for 2023 in a brand new format and location on the main Vitafoods Europe show floor. This exclusive, 2-day paid-for conference will focus on challenges and opportunities in nutraceuticals, as well as applications of the latest scientific research in trending health areas, including sports and active nutrition; cognitive and emotional health; metabolic and immune health; and life stages and healthy ageing.
Speakers leading the Conference include:
- Dr Caroline Munari, Global R&D Platform Lead at Nestlé Nutrition, on optimizing maternal nutrition from pre-conception onwards
- Eve Mulchay, Category Manager for Proteins at Tirlán, on meeting consumer needs as protein goes mainstream
- Rick Miller, Associate Director of Specialised Nutrition at Mintel, on how brands can keep up with an everchanging sports nutrition industry
- Dr Suzan Wopereis, Principal Scientist Systems Biology at TNO, on nutritional strategies to modulate Inflammatory resilience
- Jennifer Cooper, Chief Scientific Officer at LPS Health Science, Dr Adrian Lopresti, Managing Director at Clinical Research Australia and Dr Emma Wightman from Northumbria University on the whitespace opportunities in brain health and emotional wellness
- Colleen Draper, Co-Founder of PhenomX Health, on the potential of precision nutrition to support womens’ health during the menopause.
- Plus, more expert talks from Euromonitor, Dutch Medical Food B.V., the Council for Responsible Nutrition UK, University Medical Center Groningen, the University of Exeter, and Liverpool Hope University.
Speaking on the agendas for this year’s new premium content offerings, Andy Mather, Brand Director of Vitafoods Europe at Informa Markets, said: “We are incredibly excited to announce the line-up for the Future of Nutrition Summit and the Vitafoods Europe Conference 2023. Delegates at these events will gain unique insights from some of the very best minds in the industry, namely those that are making a real and tangible impact not just on the future direction of the nutraceutical industry, but also on consumer health and wellbeing. Our aim is that people walk away from these talks and networking sessions feeling inspired and filled with invigorating ideas on how they can drive their own business forward. From the trends and innovations that steer product development today, to examining the factors that will be instrumental in shaping the next five years of health and nutrition, these events are truly an opportunity for learning that’s not to be missed.”