The company will also showcase its Peptan collagen peptides, along with functional food samples
Rousselot, a supplier of collagen-based solutions , will attend Vitafoods 2021, highlighting its SiMoGel gelatin for fortified gummies and Peptan collagen peptides.
SiMogel enables liquid-centre functional gummies for the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical sectors, designed to offer a higher and more accurate dose of API per serving than traditional gelatin fortified gummies. The technology’s starch-free production process reportedly removes the risk of API interaction or cross contamination between batches, while setting time is reduced to 15 minutes.
The company will showcase several application concepts for the gelatin, featuring ingredients such as zinc and Lipofer iron microcapsules for immunity support, ibuprofen for pain relief, and a combination of acacia honey, propolis extract and vitamin C to sooth sore throats.
Rousselot will also introduce its Inner Strength campaign, spotlighting its bioactive collagen peptide, Peptan.
Peptan has reportedly been shown to support joint and bone health for improved mobility1,2,3,4 , enhance hair and skin beauty5,6, and assist in sports recovery7. The company has also recently added to its portfolio with the launch of Peptan Marine, a range of collagen peptides sourced from 100% wild-caught white fish. The product features full certification by the Marine Stewardship Council, allowing producers to cater to the needs of today’s conscientious consumers.
At the stand, visitors can connect with formulation experts and try a range of functional samples containing the company’s products. These include: nut-based ‘beauty balls’ and a sports recovery drink featuring Peptan, two Peptan Marine shots containing leading DSM premixes, and a high protein snack bar fortified with ProTake hydrolysed collagen.
Florencia Moreno Torres, Rousselot’s market expert, will be hosting an insights presentation on, collagen peptides. The presentation will take place at the New Ingredients Theatre at 12:30pm on 6 October.
Attendees are welcome to meet the team on stand I114 or visit www.rousselot.com to learn how Rousselot helps create powerful nutraceutical products that meet the moment.
1. Dar et al., ‘Daily oral consumption of hydrolyzed type 1 collagen is chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory in murine posttraumatic osteoarthritis’, PLoS ONE, vol. 12, no. 4, pg. e0174705.
2. Daneault et al., ‘Biological effect of hydrolyzed collagen on bone metabolism.’ Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, vol. 57, no. 9, pg. 1922-1937.
3. Wauquier et al., ‘Human enriched serum following hydrolysed collagen absorption modulates bone cell activity: from bedside to bench and vice versa’, Nutrients, vol. 11, no. 6, pg. 1249.
4. Jiang J.X. et al., 2014. Collagen peptides improve knee osteoarthritis in elderly women: A 6-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Agro FOOD Industry Hi Tech, 25:19-23
5. Asserin et al., ‘The effect or oral collagen peptide supplementation on skin moisture and the dermal collagen network: evidence from an ex vivo model and randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials.’, J of Cosmetic Dermatol, vol. 14, no. 4, pg. 291-301.
6. Slowing down the clock with collagen peptides. Cosmetics Business whitepaper, January 2021 issue
7. T. Clifford et al., ‘The effects of collagen peptides on muscle damage, inflammation and bone turnover following exercise: a randomized, controlled trial’, Amino Acids, vol. 51, pg. 691-704.